Dr. Marcia Oliveira
Coach | Instructor | Developer | Author | Human Being
"Life is Incredibly Beautiful."
- College Athlete (Basketball): Howard College, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (1990 - 1994)
- Military Medical Specialist and Head Coach (Basketball): U.S. Army (1995 - 1999)
- NCAA Division III Head Coach (Soccer): University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (1999 - 2002)
- NCAA Division I Head Coach (Soccer): Sam Houston State University, University of South Dakota, Grambling State University (2002 - 2012)
- Support Coach/Staff: CBF (Brazilian Soccer Federation), U.S. Soccer
Federation, Concacaf (Olympic Qualifying). (2004 - present)
- Wellness/Fitness (Manager): Hewlett-Packard (Houston), FMC Technologies (2013 - 2017)
- Women's Soccer Task Force member: Governo Federal - Ministério dos Esportes (Brazilian Sports Department - 2008)
- Youth Soccer Coach: Houston
Dynamo (2012 - 2014)
- U.S. Soccer Development Academy - Houston Dash Youth Program: College Engagement/Professional Coaching (2017 - Present)
- College/University Teaching:
- Associate Professor: University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (1999 - 2002)
- Instructor: Sam Houston State University, University of South Dakota, (2002 - 2010)
- Faculty: Lonestar College (2012 - 2015)
- Adjunct Faculty: Rice University (2013 - present)
- Faculty Academy Developer/Trainer: Houston Community College (2017 - present)
- Doctoral Degree in Education: Sam Houston State University (2015)
- Master of Science in Global E-Learning: Texas A&M University (2016)
- Cooper Institute Fitness Specialist Education (2013)
- Master of Arts in Physical Education - Pedagogy: University of Colorado (1998)
- Bachelor of Science: Major - Psychology, Minor - Exercise Sport Science. University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (1995)
- Bacharelado em Educação Fisica: Universidade Estadual de São Paulo (UNESP). Brasil (1990)
- Brazilian B License: Federação de Futebol do Estado do Rio de Janeiro/BRUSA International Soccer Institute (2002)
- NSCAA: National Soccer Coaches Association of America (since 2002)
- Hobbies: Fitness, reading, writing (articles,
book chapters, website), music, computers, walking with my dog (Zoca), going out with my family, wine tasting with friends, coffee time at Starbucks.
- Family & Friends: The reason for my life and my being (my mother, D. Dilma), barbecue with
family, traveling/camping with my best friend and/or with my sister.
- Passion: Learning always, leading, helping others to succeed,
laughing, happy seeing others achievement,
thrilled for my players/students successes, offering/receiving hugs. 🙂
NCAA national coaching ranking (2nd best coaching record turn around - 2001), Sixth-ranked best first- year program (2002 Buzz Magazine - 6 out 13), Southland Conference runner-up champion (2005), conference playoff appearance (2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 - SHSU and USD), 23 All-Conference players/27 All-Academic, 8 Post-Conference Players Awards (including 1 MVP), Seven Athletic department academic awards (3.0 GPA and above - 2004/2010), NSCAA Team Academic Award (2009), Team Community Award (2009), co-authored "Mulheres na Area" book [Women in the Field] by Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul - UFRGS [Federal State University of Rio Grande do Sul - Brasil. 2016]. Fluent in English and Portuguese, advanced proficiency in Spanish, learning German.
NCAA Women's Coaches Academy, NACWAA (National Association of Collegiate Women Athletic Administrators), NSCAA (National Soccer Coaches Association of America), Rice University (cnx article), U.S. Army Medical Corps, and Cooper Institute. Committees: Basketball/Soccer hiring, Equity & Title IX, Athletic Discipline, Diversity, and Brazilian Women's Soccer task force. And the learning experience continues...